The state parks in western Sonoma County offer magnificent redwoods, expansive oak woodlands and a spectacular coastline. State Park volunteers, managed by Stewards provide educational experiences for your recreational pleasure.
- Have a special wilderness camping experience at Bullfrog Pond campground, with only 24 sites among the redwoods with a wonderful fish-bearing pond.
- Pay a visit to one of our visitor centers at Armstrong Redwoods or in Jenner on Sonoma Coast.
- Visit Goat Rock State Beach and learn about the harbor seal colony at the Russian River mouth on weekends.
- Check our calendar for low-tide weekends and join our naturalists for an exploratory adventure in the intertidal. stewardscr.org/cms/pages/calendar_of_events.html
- Enjoy viewing dozens of night sky objects, including planets, nebula, galaxies, stars and star clusters in Austin Creek.
- Check our website for other EcoAdventures at Armstrong Redwoods, Austin Creek and on Sonoma Coast. stewardscr.org/cms/pages/programs_eco_adventures.html
Contact us to become a docent or stewardship volunteer – there is something for everyone and no experience is needed. Just a willingness to learn and inspire others. stewardscr.org/cms/pages/volunteer.html