Farmers’ markets are one of Mendocino’s best kept secrets. They are where the locals go to socialize and connect. The markets are mostly made up of mom and pops-scale farms, ranches, creameries and more, most of which you will not find in larger metropolitan markets. Visit one (or all of them) and you will get a feeling for the communities. Meet the people who run the farm and do the work, and have the opportunity to sample and stock up on the best produce, humanely-raised meat, tasty honey, artisan cheese, flowers and nursery stock, baked goods, prepared foods and more.
MCFarm.org for a listing of vendors, special events and other information. The following Certified Farmers’ Markets (CFM) are part of the Mendocino County Farmers’ Market Association:
- Boonville, Saturdays 9:30am-12:30pm, May-Oct., at Boonville Hotel
- Fort Bragg, Year Round: Wednesdays, 3-6pm, May-Oct., at Franklin & Laurel Streets, and 3-5pm, Nov.-April, at Old Recreation Center Gym, Franklin & Laurel (Indoors)
- Laytonville, Year Round: Mondays, 2:30-5:30pm, May-Oct., and 2:30-4:30pm, Nov.-April, at Harwood Hall, 44400 Willis Ave.
- Mendocino, Fridays, Noon-2pm, May-Oct., at Howard and Main Streets
- Redwood Valley, Sundays, 9am-Noon, May-mid-Oct., at Lion’s Club Park, and mid Oct.-December at Redwood Valley Grange
- Ukiah, Saturdays, Year-Round: Saturdays, 9am-Noon, at Alex Thomas Plaza, School and Clay Streets
- Willits, Thursdays, 3-6pm, May-Oct., at Willits City Park, and 3-5pm, Nov.-Apr., at Little Lake Grange