The oldest continually operated business in Willits!
Al’s Redwood Room is a Mendocino dining tradition.
The Redwood Room got its name when it was part of the Willits Hotel, which was constructed in 1902. It became Al’s Redwood Room in the early 1950s when it was owned by Al Greenburg, who had an Al’s Redwood Room neon sign made and hung on the outside of the establishment. The Redwood Room has survived several fires, three location changes, Prohibition and the ownership of multiple proprietors. Today at Al’s Redwood Room, along with all the qualities of a historic tavern, the restaurant also serves American and Thai food.